Advisory Board Meeting
June 10, 2009
Brad Fitzpatrick – Board Member
Danah Boyd – Board Member
Esther Dyson – Board Member
Stephanie Gravelle – CFO LiveJournal Inc.
Annelies Van Den Belt – CEO SUP
Benjamin Wegg-Prosser – Director of Corporate Development
Boris Ovchinnikov – LiveJournal Project Leader
Suhel Seth – Board Member
Larry Lessig – Board member
- Growth in traffic volume and unique visitors
- LiveJournal Live Messenger system to be deployed across LJ
- 10th anniversary events planned in September in Russia and in US
- LiveJournal US office moved
- Advisory Board Elections to start the week of June 15
- Management team “Emerging Media” presentation at New York University
User Rev Share Project
- LiveJournal intends to offer users, who wish to, the opportunity to commercialize their journals through a number of different initiatives over the next six months.
- Among discussed opportunities, there is a project to develop the functionality that will give users, who will decide to join the program, the tool to run the ads via external ad network and to receive revenue directly from this network.
- Management received feedback from Board members on these initiatives with focus on implementation and communication principles.
- Management received feedback from Board members on how to position LiveJournal in the marketplace to future advertisers.